Sunday, May 10, 2009

Driving to Sacramento

drove up to Sacramento on Friday to spend sometime with my Pop and also to spend some time in the support center and out in the field in the Safeway kiosks. Part of what I enjoy on the drive up from LA is the chance to see vestiges of the old California on highway 99. Nice to see that not everything has been torn down for those awful big box shopping centers. I especially love Merced.



I didn't get a shot of the restaurant behind it but it looked like something straight out of the '30s. I think the sign must have been added in the '50s or '60s.
Sineloa enchiladas and their green chile ain't bad either


This is on the outskirts, looks like its been there since the '20. Next time I go through, I'll take some photos of the City Hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment