Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thank you sir! May I have another?

Haven't posted for awhile, been busy moving and with work. I spent all last week with Safeway in Seattle doing operational meetings with the kiosk managers and field merchandisers. Karen was on Spring Break so we went up for the weekend. Unbelievable eating. I am a huge fan of Tom Douglas and no visit to Seattle is complete without a stop at Serious Pie. The special pizza on Friday was a panchetta, apples, caramelized onions and sheep's milk pizza. It tasted even better then it looked.
While we are there, the waitress told us about the Dahlia workshop on Westlake. The second Serious Pie is located there as well as a breakfast shop called the Dahlia workshop. The workshop serves biscuits in several alliterations. All fantastic. Karen and I decided to have breakfast there the next morning.
We had a brisk walk down Westlake along with some window shopping and made it to the biscuit mecca. I had the biscuits and gravy with fried chicken. It was sublime.
We spent the day walking off our breakfast. The weather was great. sunny and not a rain drop to be seen or felt. The sunset was beautiful. I caught the public market at twilight and was well pleased with the results.


On of the kiosks managers told me about a great sandwich shop on capital hill that is always named "the best of Seattle", Baguette Box. The shop is known for their "drunken chicken sandwich", Chinese food on bread. It was awesome. The rest of the menu looked great as well : but I was exceeding the calorie count for the year on this trip so I refrained. Here's the website: http://www.baguettebox.com/


Took these shots the last night from the pier facing the public market. Really a beautiful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment