Monday, November 29, 2010

lurching down memory lane...



In the Bay area for some meetings today and decided to have dinner at one of my old college haunts, Zachary's Pizza. Zachary's is a Berkeley institution off of Solano Avenue in North Berkeley. When I was at Cal in the early '80s, a great Friday night was dinner at Zachary's with a pitcher of beer and then a double feature at the Oaks cinema two doors up the street.
I think the apex of my movie watching was one night after dinner and a few pitchers of beer, I saw a double bill of Pretty in Pink and Delta Force. You wouldn't think that's the ideal double feature but after two hours of Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy, Chuck Norris kinda kicks butt. Especially with the beer added in.
Charles and I had a nice dinner tonight,sans a pitcher of beer and then headed back to the hotel. No movie, I have to be in Fresno by 10 am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment