Sunday, December 12, 2010

One of my favorite places

Beautiful weekend in LA. Warm weather, clear skies, almost perfect except for the mass of people out shopping. Felt like a rugby scrum at times in some places. Next year, gift cards for all!
Had a dinner date at AOC last night so I went to the Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax before dinner to get some shopping done before I leave town this week.

Spoiler alert: I made a major purchase at Little John's Toffee House. Nothing better as a gift and the candy was made that day. Growing up here, my older sister and I loved coming to the farmer's market whenever we were in town or with my Grandparents. I was always fascinated by the candy making process that went on behind the glass windows.
Asked the counter girl and she said that this was one of many batches that were made today. The scotch kisses pictured above are might nice as well. Marshmallows smothered in caramel. The fudge here is pretty good as well although I prefer John Kelly off of Sunset for that. Bought some boxes as gifts as well.



Met Karen for dinner at AOC on 3rd. Very good dinner. We had a cheese plate, bacon wrapped dates, grilled pear salad, sea bass with mint shell beans and preserved lemons, roasted cauliflower with paprika, red vinegar and a very nice chocolate dessert. I actually had a couple of glasses of a crisp white wine as well. A very enjoyable evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment